I came up with this delectable bite-sized finger-popping snack after returning from waterholes in Peekamoose. I had made a delicious lunch picnic, but was starved upon returning home! I stared in the fridge (mindlessly) and instantly came up with this. I am in love with this quick snack!
- 2 Cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup potato starch (may replace with corn starch or arrowroot starch)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Chipotle Hollandaise Sauce:
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 Cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 Cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 3 Tablespoons silken tofu
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons melted non-dairy butter spread
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl add your broccoli florets and drizzle your melted coconut oil and toss. Add your potato starch, sea salt, and toss your broccoli again to ensure equal coating.
- Prepare a baking sheet by laying a piece of parchment paper (OR spray non-stick spray); add your broccoli florets and spread evenly. Pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure equal roasting.
- While your broccoli is roasting let’s prepare the chipotle hollandaise sauce. Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until combined. Taste a bit and adjust any seasonings as necessary.
Enjoy eating whole!