Don’t participate in food waste! Have leftover mashed taters? Turn them into flavor poppin’ potato croquettes!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 lbs of organic potatoes (I used Yukon Gold), diced (peel if desired)
- 1/4 Cup organic non-dairy milk
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tablespoons non-dairy buttery spread
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup potato starch (may replace with arrowroot or corn starch)
- 1/2 Cup almond meal (may replace with sorghum flour if allergic to almonds)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons avocado oil (or oil of choice) to coat baking tray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once your water is bubbling, carefully add your potatoes and whole garlic cloves. Turn your heat down to medium-high. Potatoes should be tender in 30 minutes. Test a potato by inserting a fork; if it slices through easily and is tender, your potatoes are ready. Drain your potatoes and add them back to your cooking pot. Add the non-dairy milk, non-dairy buttery spread, and spices and smash away. Let cool a bit before you form your croquettes!
- In a mixing bowl, combine your breading ingredients and whisk until combined. Prepare a baking sheet with your oil (or you may use parchment paper to make this oil-free).
- I like to make my croquettes bite-sized; as such, I used 1 Tablespoon per croquette and formed an oblong shape. Form your croquette and add it to your breading bowl; be sure to coat each side of your croquette and place onto your baking sheet. Repeat until you’ve used up all of your mashed potatoes.
- Pop your croquettes in the oven for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure a golden crust on all sides. Let rest for 5 minutes before moving from the baking tray.
- These little croquettes pair beautifully with my creamy roasted red pepper sauce!
Enjoy eating whole!