Ingredients (6 servings):
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 prepared batch of my Chorizo Chili
- 3 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1/2 – 1 Cup your favorite non-dairy mozzarella cheese
Click here for Frieda’s $1 off coupon!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and slice your sweet potatoes 1/8 inch thick. Follow my instructions for the Choirzo chili and prepare one batch. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and place 1/3 of your sliced sweet potatoes atop. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the edges start to turn up but are still soft. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish and layer enough of your baked sweet potatoes to cover the bottom (be sure to make them overlap).
- Layer 1/2 of your filling atop of your baked sweet potatoes and smooth over. Place another layer of your sliced sweet potatoes and pop them in your oven until golden, as above.
- Layer the remaining half of the filling atop the second layer of sweet potatoes and smooth over. Make another layer of the sliced sweet potatoes. Top with your sliced avocados and sprinkle with your non-dairy cheese. Pop your baking dish in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until your cheese is melted.
Enjoy eating whole!