Ingredients (makes 1 dozen):
- 1 1/2 Cups GF flour blend
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons apple sauce
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan / guar gum, or ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Latte Butter Cream:
- 3 1/2 Cups confectionery sugar
- 1/2 Cup vegetable shortening or coconut oil (room temp.)
- 1/2 Cup non-dairy butter
- 1/4 Cup non-dairy creamer (I use So Delicious coconut creamer)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract + 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl combine your GF flour blend, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, ginger, cloves, and stir until blended. Mix in your non-dairy milk, apple sauce, molasses, vanilla extract, and stir until fully combined.
- Line your cupcake tin with paper liners and spray with non-stick spray. Fill each tin 3/4 full and pop them in the oven for 20-25 minutes. (While your cupcakes are baking prepare your buttercream!) Insert a toothpick into the center and if it pulls out clean, the cupcakes are done!
- To make the latte butter cream first dissolve your instant espresso powder in your vanilla extract. In your stand mixer combine the shortening, butter, sugar, non-dairy creamer, and vanilla extract + espresso mix and mix on low-medium. (I like to drape to a towel over my mixer to try to keep the sugar dust off of myself!). Turn the mixer up to medium speed and blend until your butter cream has soft fluffy peaks.
- Once your cupcakes are done baking be sure to let them cool completely!! Once they are cool pipe your cupcakes as you wish!
Enjoy eating whole!