Ingredients (makes 4 4-inch burgers):
- 2 Cups cooked organic non-GMO GF Textured Vegetable Protein
- 1/2 Cup diced carrots
- 1/2 Cup cooked corn
- 1/4 Cup white rice flour
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal whisked with 6 Tablespoons warm water, set aside for approx. 5 minutes, until a gooey egg-like consistency
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-3 hot peppers (depends on personal heat tolerance)
- 3 teaspoons miso of choice
- Oil for cooking
- In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 Tablespoon cooking oil and saute your celery, garlic, hot peppers, carrots, and corn, until tender (about 7 – 10 minutes).
- In your food processor combine your cooked skillet ingredients and TVP and pulse until mixed. Add in your white rice flour, prepared flax egg, miso, and pulse until combined.
- Form your patties 1/2 inch thick and saute on each side for about 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat, until golden. If you prefer to bake your burgers, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 15-20 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Enjoy eating whole!