- 2 1/2 Cups fruit of choice or 14 oz of jam or preserves of choice
- 1 1/2 Cups sorghum flour
- 1 Cup gluten-free oats
- 1 Cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: Sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar for the topping
- Optional: If you’d like this as a dessert and not a breakfast bar, add 1/2 Cup sugar to your dry mix
- *I used orange marmalade and raspberries for my filling and added the orange zest to the dry mix
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine your sorghum flour, gluten-free oats, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and stir to incorporate. Mix in your coconut oil until fully combined (will be a dry, crumble consistency).
- Press half of your crumble mixture into your prepared baking dish. Evenly spread your fruit over your bottom layer leaving a crust on all four sides. Sprinkle the remaining crumble top evenly and pop your baking dish in the oven. Optional: sprinkle the top with sugar and cinnamon. Bake your crumble bars for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden. Let cool.
- When you’re read to slice your bars, carefully lift your parchment paper and place on a cutting board. I used a pizza cutter to slice my bars into even squares (feel free to use a knife!).
Enjoy eating whole!