- 2 Cups quinoa flour
- 1/2 Cup warm water
- 2 egg replacers; I used 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed whisked with 6 Tablespoons warm water. Set aside for 5 minutes (it will be come a gooey consistency).
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- I added the following optional spices for a more flavorful pasta:
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl add your quinoa flour and optional spices, if using. HINT: This dough also can made in your food processor!! How easy is that?!
- Make a well in the center of your flour and slowly pour your egg replacer in the well. Carefully pour your warm water and extra virgin olive oil in the well.
- Time to roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty! Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes, until it comes together into a ball. This dough will seem a bit dry but will come together as you knead. Once your dough ball has formed cover with plastic wrap and let your dough rest on your counter for 20 minutes.
- Now you can shape your pasta in any form you’d like: lasagna sheets, raviolis, fettuccine – whatever your creative mind can imagine!
- When ready to boil, add a dash of extra virgin olive oil to your water to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick and be sure to be boil FOR NO MORE THAN THREE MINUTES! Trust me here – otherwise your noddles can start to fall apart…of course they’ll still taste delicious!
Enjoy eating whole!
I’ve successfully created my favorite raviolis, lasagna, fettuccine, and lasagna cups with my pasta dough. Any questions? Feel free to eMail or connect via Facebook or Twitter!