This is my new go-to cake / cupcake recipe! Why you ask? Forget the labels (vegan & gluten-free) – this batter turns into a deliciously moist and fluffy creation!
Raw Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/2 Cup of my Raw Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup vegan confectionery sugar
Stir to combine!
Ingredients (makes 1 dozen cupcakes OR 1 9-inch cake):
- 1 2/3 Cup white rice flour
- 1 Cup non-dairy milk
- 2/3 Cup maple syrup
- 1/2 C carob powder
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons seltzer water
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine your white rice flour, carob powder, baking powder, and stir to combine. Add your non-dairy milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, seltzer water, and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour your batter into either paper-lined muffin tins or your greased cake pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. To ensure your sweets are fully baked insert a toothpick into the center of your dish, if it comes out clean it is ready!
- Let your cake(s) cool and top with your cream cheese frosting. I topped my carob cakes with organic strawberries and drizzled melted chocolate.
Enjoy eating whole!