Spring came blowing in this year with a sparkling white entrance here in the North East! After digging ourselves out & enjoying the peaceful silence of the glittering scenery I thought, “What’s a nicer treat than chocolate chip cookies by a hot toasty fire?!”.
Ingredients (makes 2 dozen):
- 2 1/2 Cups quinoa flakes
- 1 Cup non-dairy milk (I had hemp on hand)
- 10 oz vegan chocolate chips (I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 Cup raw vegan sugar
- 1/4 Cup shortening or non-dairy butter
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed whisked into 1/3 Cup warm water. Let rest for 5 minutes until it becomes a “gooey” consistency
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except your chocolate and stir to incorporate. Once your batter is fully mixed, stir in your chocolate chips until combined.
- Line your baking trays with parchment paper. Drop one Tablespoon-full of dough per cookie on each sheet & pop them in the oven.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the bottom just starts to become golden (if you like a crunchier exterior and soft middle, leave them in for 2 more minutes).
Enjoy eating whole!