Every week before going grocery shopping I plan a menu for the week & I make sure to go through my refrigerator & pantry to see what ingredients are needed. I’ve found this method produces much less food waste, if any. I had leftovers of my Zesty Black Bean Soup that I’ve already used for two dinners and two lunches and still had leftovers. I love this soup, but I’m sure you’ve gotten tired of a single food item once in your life 😉 . I had cooked up my V’eegan Benedict earlier in the week and had leftover Veganized Healthafied Hollandaise Sauce & thought why not combine the two into a mashup meal?!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed & chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 Cups white rice rice + 3 Cups water (+1 teaspoon paprika, Salt & pepper to taste)
- 2 Cups kale, washed & chopped
- 1 Cup leftover Zesty Black Bean Soup, warmed on your stove top
- 1/2 Cup leftover Veganized Healthafied Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish add your olive oil, chopped potatoes, paprika, and garlic powder. Pop your baking dish in your preheated oven and after 20 minutes take out to toss your potatoes. Place back in your oven. In 10 minutes take your baking dish out & toss in your washed & chopped kale. Toss your potatoes and kale together until fully combined. Pop your baking dish back into your oven for another 15-20 minutes, until your potatoes are golden. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- To prepare your perfect fluffy rice, in a medium sauce pan add your 2 cups rice, 3 Cups water, paprika and bring to a boil. Cover and bring your heat down to low. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT LIFTING THAT LID FOR 20 MINUTES! Has it been 20 minutes? Okay, it’s safe to take your cover off the sauce pan. Fluff your rice with a fork and add salt & pepper to taste.
- To plate, add your perfect paprika rice, roasted potatoes & kale, spoon the heated leftover black bean soup, and drizzle with the remaining hollandaise sauce.
Enjoy eating whole!
Optional: Use fried tortillas to scoop up your healthy plate (corn, brown rice, or wheat flour tortillas if you can tolerate it).