These updated classic cranberries burst with the aromatic flavor of fresh orange and a hint of fresh ginger. It’s the perfect addition to not only your Holiday table spread, but delectable any time of the year. You’ll have leftover orange peel, but don’t throw that away! You can store orange peels in your freezer, and when you accumulate enough to fit in a mason jar (or old tomato sauce jar!), you’re ready to make the best household cleaner (and smells great). Add white vinegar to your jar & close tightly; display your concoction on your counter for 2 weeks. Strain your mixture and add to a spray bottle, using 2:1 water to vinegar ratio. Check out 101 Uses of Vinegar for other great natural tips!
*Stream on Blackhead Mountain, Catskills, NY
- 1 package organic cranberries
- 1/4 Cup organic granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 organic oranges, juiced
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, bring your ingredients to a low boil. Once the cranberries start to burst open, turn your heat down to low and cook until desired consistency is reached.
- If your cranberry sauce is too tart for your liking, add a little extra sugar.