Today we’re preparing for Sandy’s arrival. No, not a dear friend, a Frankenstorm just in time for Halloween. Last year we were devastated by Hurricane Irene, then Halloween brought a freakish snowstorm. Halloween ’12 is knocking down the door, and it’s not packing any treats – only tricks! I’m keeping busy in the kitchen, trying to use up anything that can spoil in the next few days because let’s face it, we’ll be out of power!
Tofu scrambles are a delicious addition to any meal. Wrap them up with a corn tortilla for a burrito (great as a breakfast burrito, side of home fries) or use as a tasty side dish to complete any meal (like my roasted oven fries & spaghetti squash!).
- 1 package of extra firm organic tofu, such as Nasoya Sprouted Super Firm, mashed with a fork
- 1 ripe avocado (organic if you can find), diced
- 1 hefty handful of organic spinach, washed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon organic turmeric (+more for taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- organic extra virgin olive oil for your pan
- On medium-high heat, saute the scrambled tofu with your spices for 5 minutes.
- Mix in your avocado and cook for another 5 minutes, until your avocado starts to become creamy
- Add your fresh spinach, stir to incorporate.
- Once your spinach is steamed your scramble is ready to serve (wasn’t that easy?!).
- Enjoy eating whole!