There’s nothing I love more than a simple delicious salad. They’re a synch to mix up & make a great addition to any meal. I added sweet champagne mangoes to this dish, but you can add any other ripe mango or papaya to this dish (or eliminate if you can’t find any that are ripe!). This year’s champagne mango crop was unbelievable! My parents do much of their work on Long Island, NY, and thankfully markets were stocked with cases & cases of these babies. To give you an idea, I had devoured at least 4 cases of mangoes. Humans aren’t the only ones who love them, my cat, Lexi, would scream any time I reached for the cutting board, and my rabbits, well take a look at the joy in Beenie’s eyes:
Ok, you get it, my house loves champagne mangoes! Now, this great corn & black bean salad can be used as a side dish to any Mexican meal, can be added to tacos, whatever your creative mind can imagine!
- 1 cup cooked organic black beans
- 2 ears of organic corn, steamed & cut off the cob
- 2 organic tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon organic lime juice
- 2 champagne mangoes, diced (you can substitute papaya)
- 1 organic red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup organic red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons organic raw agave (or 2 Tablespoons organic sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon organic chili powder, you can add more for your liking!
- 1/2 Tablespoon organic cumin
- 1 clove organic garlic, diced *
- 1/2 organic onion, diced ** (please note I cannot eat fresh garlic nor onions! I love them, my digestive system does not. I use onion & garlic powders, but please add fresh as I do not want to make others miss out on extra fresh flavor!)
- organic hot sauce – I used a few dashes, it depends on how much heat you’d like!
- You may add 1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro (Personally, I’m not sure what it is about cilantro, but I’m not a fan. Don’t let my bias taste buds deter you from adding this into your fragrant salad!)
- In a bowl, combine your olive oil, red wine vinegar, agave, lime juice, and spices (hot sauce if using) in a bowl. Whisk to combine
- In a large bowl mix your salad ingredients.
- Pour your dressing over your salad. Toss to combine.
- Enjoy eating whole!