I know I’ve mentioned my love for fall in my Pumpkin Spiced Cookie recipe, but how can I not mention the smell of the crisp, clean fall air, apple picking, pumpkin picking! And the colors!
Just gorgeous (taken outside in the backyard)! Add my Pumpkin Perfection Pancakes to that list and there’s no way any season is beating out autumn (different, not better)!
Pancake batter (makes about 12 5-inch pancakes)
For the dry ingredients, whisk together:
- 1 ½ cups GF flour mix
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
In a separate bowl for the wet ingredients, whisk together:
- 1 ½ cups organic non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons organic corn starch
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 heaping Tablespoons of organic pumpkin puree (if you want a taste of the fall and can’t find any pumpkins, frozen or canned can of course be substituted). I love the pumpkin flavor, but I’m warning you now – do not add any more pumpkin!! The pancakes end up being very dense. Nobody likes dense pancakes!
- Heat your griddle on medium-high heat.
- Make a well in the dry-ingredients, pour the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Mix in your pumpkin puree.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter onto your GREASED griddle, per pancake, nudge into rounds (or squares, or triangles…you get the idea).
- Cook until the top of each pancake until bubbles start to form. Flip each pancake and cook until they are golden.
Optional: I stacked my pancakes; in between layering organic peanut butter, slices of organic banana, all drizzled with local dark maple syrup. Mm mm!
6. Enjoy eating whole!